Monday, October 13, 2008

I know my mom's.. voice

my brain already recognizes my mom's voice, i think..

This morning, my NFF (New Found Friend) Armin paid me a visit.. While he was chatting with my mom, I kept on turning sideways since I'm on a computer chair, then I look down so that I won't see who's talking.. So I was playing guessing game.. 'maybe my mom is talking', then I'll look at them and I'm correct! I looked away again but my mom is so talkative! The sound I'm hearing is still the same.. Then there was a change in the sound.. 'maybe Armin finally talked', and he is talking when I raised my head.. I don't recognize his voice but I'm already familiar with the tone of my mom's voice.. We tried it again this afternoon, this time with Janna.. It wasn't 100% successful since the tv is distracting.. But yes, I think I recognize her voice already.. I still can't understand though.. soon.

2 comments:

madge said...

Eh pano naman hindi na mafafamiliarize brain mo with my voice . . . golden ang voice ko!!! and besides and all the sides, from side to side . . . upsidedown . . . eh etong tanging INA mo lang lagi mong kausap . . . you heard the first syllable of your name "KAT" from me . . . soon before 2008 ends. . . you'll hear me say KAT-3-NA!!! Dec. 31,2008 12:59 pm. bwahahahaha!!!!!

Unknown said...

When I was trying, and not succeeding, to learn Spanish, it was difficult for me to know where one word stopped and the next started. I suppose it's the same for Spanish speaking people trying to learn English. Perhaps that's what happening with you, and the added sound from the TV can really muddle things up.

Recognizing your mom's voice must be great for you!